2019 Summer Hair Care Tips
Summer is finally here in Bozeman, MT and that means long days of hiking, swimming and summer fun! Just as the sun can damage your skin, it can also damage your hair. Ultraviolet rays can actually ‘cook’ and dry out your hair leaving it bleached, faded and damaged. Our experienced stylists have a few tips and tricks to keep your hair shiny and healthy this season:
- Start summer with a trim: refresh your style by cleaning up those split ends.
- Cover Up! Protect hair from the sun by wearing a hat or scarf. Try and also make it a habit to use products that contain UV filters- this will keep color-processed hair from fading.
- Give your hair a break from the heat: try to skip the hair dryer 1-2x/ week. A fun summer braid or bun or let your hair air-dry. Keeping your hair in loose, comfortable styles is not only stylish but good for your hair!
- Swimming Damage: Chlorine stripes your hair of its natural protective oils so switch to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for the summer to help restore hair’s moisture.
- Combing vs. Brushing: Did you know wide-tooth combs are most gentle for untangling hair? Avoid pulling on hair when it’s wet and try a comb.
Keep your hair happy and healthy all summer with these simple tips!
Consult with any of our stylists on your next look whether it’s freshening up your current look or trying something bold and new. Call 406-570-7071 or book online: https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/MBSG6R/services